Garmin Nuvi GPS tools are created for making navigation easier around the world. But these navigation devices are only useful and reliable if your maps are updated to the latest versions. But sometimes, due to limited storage, the device doesn’t have enough space for the recent map updates available. In such circumstances, you can free up the storage by deleting the unwanted files from the tool. It will help in installing the map updates once there will be enough space on Garmin Nuvi tool.
If you find any issue while performing the process, then reach Garmin Support Australia experts for assistance. The team will help you in following the directions.
Go through the below instructions and clear the storage for map updates:
- Link your navigation device with the computer system via a USB cable.
- For opening Windows Explorer, tap on ‘Windows + E’ keys. Click on ‘Computer’. Then tap on the ‘Nuvi’ drive. For Mac users- double click on the Nuvi drive from their desktops.
- Access the ‘JPEG’ folder. You can remove any unused or old photographs from the folder. Once you are completed, return to Garmin’s main folder.
- Now open the ‘voice’ folder on your device. Remove all the unwanted language packs from the navigation tool. Perform the same process with the ‘Text’ folder. Avoid deleting any language or the text packs which are related to the languages you are familiar with or speak.
- Open the ‘Vehicles folder after going to the main folder of Garmin. Remove unwanted or unused vehicles from the tool. After removing all the files you will have more space for installing the map updates on your GPS device.
The above procedure will help you in clearing up the storage on your navigation tool.
Connect with experts by dialing Garmin Technical Support Number Australia
You can contact the team of specialists if you are dealing with any trouble with your GPS device. All you need to do is dial our toll-free Garmin Support Number 1800870079 and let the team assist you. You can also drop an email and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.